The quirkiest and most entertaining guide to learn French!
Boring lessons are a thing of the past! Dive into a fascinating journey to the court of Versailles. Through more than 130 pages filled with stories about life at court, you will master spoken French while immersing yourself in French history.
This unique book is written in both French and English and offers vocabulary pages at the beginning of each chapter to guide you.
But be warned, this is no ordinary history book!
- You'll be inspired by Marie Antoinette's fashion and beauty tips
- Learn how to throw the party of the year like Louis XIV
- Discover the secrets of how to win back an ex-boyfriend like Madame de Montespan, the Sun King's favorite,
- and even learn how to raise your children like real princes!
And that's not all! This hilarious guide also offers survival tips if you suddenly find yourself transported to the Sun King's court through a space-time rift.
- How do you wash?
- What protection to use during your period?
- What outfit to choose for a masked ball organized by Louis XIV himself?
- How do you know if your partner is cheating on you?
- What gifts to give to newlyweds?
All of these wacky questions and more will be addressed in this book filled with games, juicy anecdotes and court gossip.
The book's chapters are designed to help you learn everyday vocabulary in a fun and interesting way. From "Versailles for Dummies" to "Life at Court", "Hygiene", "Beauty and Fashion", "Food", "Entertainment", "Love" and "Family", you will be immersed in a captivating universe while learning the language of Molière.
To prolong the fun, the book also offers you good tips on how to feel like Marie-Antoinette in the 21st century.
Get ready for an unforgettable experience in France, learning French in a fun and exciting way!